Although we are first and foremost an NHS practice providing medical services free at the point of use we also have private therapists working from the practice and their details are below.
Sports & Clinical Massage – Viv Slater, Move Well Massage, DipSRM, MSMA, MCNHC
Viv uses advanced sports and remedial massage techniques to reduce aches, prevent or rehabilitate injuries and help you move more freely. This type of treatment has a reputation of being for sports people, but it’s actually beneficial whatever your level of activity. Viv can help you to:
- Reduce persistent aches and pains
- Recover from recent, long-term or recurrent injury
- Move, drive or sit more comfortably
- Improve your posture
- Relieve the symptoms of chronic illness such as osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis or fibromyalgia
- Decrease the risk of injury and maximise performance in sport
- Prepare for/recover from an important race or event
As well as providing local pain relief, Viv looks at the body as a whole to identify then treat the root cause of your issue by working with the soft tissue (muscles, tendons, ligaments and connective tissue). Viv develops a treatment plan tailored to your needs, and provides you with achievable exercises to keep you on track. Above all, Viv is passionate about helping patients to become more aware of their own body. She finds that this helps them to deal successfully with injury, pain or discomfort in daily life, and to do sports activities more comfortably and effectively.